Three stages for stunningly smooth skin
Super smooth, supermodel-esque skin is yours for weeks, at the flick of a switch, with Braun. The art of epilating has evolved so whether you've been doing it for years and want to brush up on the latest expert techniques or you're an epilation newbie looking for some super-simple tricks that will leave you epilating like a pro in no time. Get set for touchably smoother, sexier skin all from the comfort and ease of your own bathroom. Here's our guide on how to epilate using an epilator ...beautiful skin is in.
1. Before you epilate
Its all in the prep. As every beauty guru knows looking effortlessly gorgeous requires a little forward-planning. So before we show you how to epilate, check what to do earlier:
1. Timing is everything.Epilate the night before you bust out your look-at-my-silky-legs LBD or date outfit. This gives 24 hours for any irritation to reduce.
Evenings are the best time for an epilation rendez-vous. You're more relaxed, any minor bumps will be gone by the morning and you'll wake up with the sexiest, smoothest skin ever!
2. Exfoliation is the golden word.Take a warm shower, relax and exfoliate your skin to avoid those dreaded in-grown hairs. Either use an exfoliating scrub or mitt or rub down skin with a dry towel.
2. When you epilate
1. Stay cool and calm. There's a lot of not-so-pleasant things we all do in the name of beauty, such as plucking, tweezing and buffing but when it comes to epilation, Silk-épil helps to minimise the pain with features such as the cooling glove and the massaging rollers for an extra-gentle hair removal experience.
2. Hold steady. Don't stress too much about how to hold the epilator, it should feel natural. Hold at a 90 degree angle to your legs. You can also pull your skin tightly with your other hand so it's easy for the device to glide over. Don't press down too hard, simply touch the epilator lightly on your skin.
3. Slow equals sexy. Take about 15 seconds from ankle to knee. Going too fast risks breaking the hair which may lead to ingrown hairs.
4. Take direction. Run the epilator in an upward motion against the direction that the hairs are growing. This lifts the shorter hairs giving you a smoother finish.
5. Wet or dry? Its up to you but if dry, make sure your skin is completely dry. If wet, apply a little shower gel.
3. After epilating
1. Pamper perfect. The golden rule is moisturise AFTER epilating not before. Apply a nourishing body lotion for the best, skin smoothing results and get set to wake up the following morning with super-soft, silky skin.
2. Repeat treat. If you're a newbie, epilate once a week and each time you'll notice the discomfort drop and the satisfaction increase. If you're a pro, drop it down a notch and epilate once every three weeks.