how to steam your hair when you don’t have a steamer? Don’t worry, we will teach you how to do it. It will take more time, but the results are worth it!
1. The first step is the same - wash your hair with a shampoo that will get rid of all the buildup. The hair has to be nice and clean.
2. Apply the hair treatment product before the steam process.
3. Take a plastic cap (or a shower cap) and put it on your hair. Make sure that the hair is completely under the cap. You don’t want the steam to escape the cap. Important tip: If you don’t have a plastic cap or the cap is too loose then use a plastic wrap. Remember that the hair has to be sealed quite tightly.
4. Place a towel on your shoulders to protect them from hot water.
5. Prepare the hot water. Put plastic gloves on your hands. Take a towel or a turban and moist it with the water. Wring out the water until the towel or the turban is damp.
6. Take the turban or the towel and put it around your head. Then take a plastic cap or the plastic wrap and cover the towel/turban. Cover it tightly, make sure to lock the steam in there.
7. The steam process will take about 20-30 minutes. If you feel that the towel/turban is not hot enough then repeat the process - take it off, then moisture it with hot water and put it back on your head. Don’t forget to cover it with a plastic cap or plastic wrap!
8. Carefully unwrap your hair and let it cool. Don’t try to cool it off instantly using cold water - you don’t want to damage your hair. Once it is cool to the touch, you can rinse it. Read more: