What are LED light treatments?
- LED (light emitting diodes) are essentially just infrared lights that are found in different wavelengths, These colored lights send waves deep into the skin to trigger different reactions. These reactions caused by the different lights can trigger skin to do things like kill bacteria and stimulate regeneration, hence making them popular picks for skin care tools. This process is also sometimes referred to as photorejuvenation or light therapy.
- Another reason LED light tools have become so popular is that anyone can benefit from a little light action.LED lights are often used after facials or other cosmetic procedures and so can really be used by anyone if they want to improve mild acne, build collagen, or improve circulation.
Which light is best for me?
- Blue equals acne treatment and red equals anti-aging treatment.
- The blue light wavelength can stimulate free radical oxygen, which is toxic to some skin bacteria.The blue light kills bacteria in the skin, including the specific strain thought to play a role in acne.
- The red infrared lights are used to stimulate collagen and elastin deep under the skin, so they can be used to address fine lines and wrinkles—hence its popularity with anti-aging regimens. In addition to fine lines and wrinkles, red light is also great for targeting inflammation.
- Red light is ideal for decreasing certain markers of inflammation in the skin. What’s more, it can also decrease the marks left behind with old acne lesions and tackle skin redness.It also may target oil glands which make it a great treatment for both acne and rosacea.